Our 2020 Season
Play Submissions for Station Theatre 2020 Season
We would like to invite anyone interested in proposing a play for the Station Theatre’s 2020 season to do so by email. Please email your proposal to email@example.com with the subject 2020 Plays.
Within your email, please include the following information:
- Your name and contact information (phone/email/address)
- Name of Play
- Genre (example: comedy, drama, musical)
- Cast size and makeup (ie- ages and genders)
- Why you think this play would be a good pick for the Station Theatre patrons
- An indication of whether you (or someone else) has already volunteered to direct the play.
- If yes, then
- List past experience in theatre, specific focus on directing.
- If yes, then
We will then contact you to request a copy of the script (complete if possible) for our Selection Committee, which will meet over the summer.
Once the committee has chosen a slate of plays, we will present our selections to the Board for approval. As soon as that has been done, you will be informed of the decision.
Please be aware everyone involved in a show at The Station Theatre will become a member of the Smiths Falls Community Theatre group, and as such, will agree to follow the Code of Conduct as outlined our website. The SFCT will also be responsible for all marketing and promotion of the show, in co-operation with each show’s producer.
The following criteria are some of the things we will consider in choosing our season; overall, we remain committed to providing quality entertainment and artistry, and will be open to all suggestions.
* appeal of the play to our target audience (including genre, playwright)
* feasibility of producing the play in our facility (ie- resources, staging)
* overall balance and variety of the season
* costs associated with the play
Thank you for your interest and your submission. If you have any questions, concerns, or if you need clarification, please call Nancy Keech at 613 284 1479.
The Station Theatre